Sunday, March 20, 2005

Training In Japan

Hi Guys!

Sorry that I haven't updated this blog for a while. As some of you may or may not know Roger & I are currently training in Tokyo at the Academia Az school with Wado-san. Basically we're living the jiu jitsu lifestyle: wake up, train in the morning, get lunch, got back home and rest, get up again to train, finish training go for dinner, go to bed!

The place we're training at (where Brad also trains too) is excellent. Wado-san is nice and friendly and the guys that train there are nice too. The level of jiu jitsu is high and on a different level to how we train. I guess it's hard to understand unless you experience it for yourself.

We're staying at Brad's place and he has been a most gracious host taking good care of us, many thanks Brad! We just feel bad taking up space with our luggage and our gi's and stuff hanging to get dry!

I'm taking photos each day of our trainings. So once I get back to HK I'll post them all up. If I can I'll post them sooner, time permitting!

Today we'll be going with Brad to see the ADCC Japan trials!

Train hard guys!

3 Comments:

At 23/3/05 18:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great experience and keep up the cool hkbjj blog.

Derek

 
At 23/3/05 23:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys just found your Blogspot as I was browsin' the net. Nice work, keep up the good stuff!

Anyways, I live in BK, Thailand and I'm about to leave to HK for a few days. I was wondering if there is any place where I could buy some MMA Gear, like shorts and rash guards.

Gi's they have here too so no need for those. If anybody can help me. PLease. That's how I came across this site, searchin' for some gear in HK. Big Up and thanks!!

 
At 27/3/05 03:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

I've been coming here quite often but I think it's about time to say something too, right? This site rules! Good job Loong, it's great to look at some pictures of you guys rolling. Makes me wanna be there too :) Unfortunately I'm not coming over there for a visit at least for now, as me and my girlfriend are... well, i dont know what we are. Time will show.

But anyways, I joined the local club here and it's a lot different to what you guys have in Hong Kong. This place is like the Fight club if you've seen that movie? There are about 30 guys at once, nobody really knows each other or at least they dont talk to each other. The level is ok, i dont have much problems rolling with guys who have trained as little as i have and are about the same weight. However, the more advanced guys who teach the classes are in the top 3 grapplers in finland in their own weight class. A couple of them are national champions in NHB. What makes training not as fun as with you guys is the fact that they take everything pretty seriously. It really depends on the guy who's teaching but sometimes if you "screw up" you really know you screwed up. It's almost as being back in the military. Well not really but still...

Hmm.. Im sure there's a lot more to say but I can't think much cause our house is packed with people. OH yeah! I have to say i've gone crazy with drinking. I know it's not good but that's just for the ones who never saw me out in HK :)

Alright, i hope all the best for all of you and let's keep on posting messages and pictures!

Antti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home